Governor Charlie Baker announced
new COVID-19 guidance, which will go into effect Friday, November 5 at 12:01am.
– All residents of Massachusetts are advised to stay home between the hours of 10pm and 5am.
– All persons in Massachusetts over the age of 5 years old are required to wear a mask or cloth face covering over their mouth and nose when in a public location, whether indoors or outdoors.
All businesses, facilities, or activities included within the categories listed below must close their premises to the public each day not later than 9:30pm and may not re-open their premises to the public before 5am the following day. Operators of affected organizations may keep their premises open to employees and other workers during the mandatory closing period and otherwise conduct business activities and operations that do not involve admitting customers, patrons, or members of the public to their premises.
- Restaurants, provided however that restaurants may offer food and non-alcoholic beverages for take-out and by delivery during the mandatory closing period
- Arcades and Other Indoor and Outdoor Recreation
- Indoor and Outdoor Events
- Indoor and Outdoor Theaters, Movie Theaters, and Performance Venues
- Drive-In Movie Theaters
- Youth and Adult Amateur Sports Activities
- Golf Facilities
- Recreational Boating and Boating Businesses
- Outdoor Recreational Experiences and Educational Activities
- Casinos, Horse Racing Tracks, and Simulcast Facilities
- Driving and Flight Schools
- Zoos, Botanical Gardens, Wildlife Reserves, and Nature Centers
- Close Contact Personal Services
- Fitness Centers and Health Clubs
- Indoor and Outdoor Pools (Public and Semi-Public Swimming Pools)
- Museums/Cultural & Historical Facilities/Guided Tours
During the daily mandatory closing period (9:30pm – 5am), no person, business, organization, establishment, premises, or service holding or operating under a license issued pursuant to Chapter 138 or Chapter 23K of the General Laws may sell or serve or provide alcohol of any kind to any person anywhere in the Commonwealth.
Reduced gathering size limit for gatherings at private residences:
- Indoor gatherings at private residences are limited to 10 people
- Outdoor gatherings at private residences are limited to 25 people.
The limit on gatherings held in public spaces and at event venues remains the same. All gatherings (regardless of size or location) must end and disperse by 9:30 PM.