The following businesses will be eligible to reopen in Step One of Phase III, subject to industry-specific rules concerning capacity and operations:
- Movie theaters and outdoor performance venues;
- Museums, cultural and historical sites;
- Fitness centers and health clubs;
- Certain indoor recreational activities with low potential for contact;
- Professional sports teams, under the authority of league-wide rules, may hold games without spectators
“These are all important steps that continue to bring us closer to what we might call our ultimate ‘new normal,'” Baker said. “But it’s important that we continue to play our part in the fight against this insidious disease.”
The Governor also announced new guidelines on social gatherings, which will take effect on Monday, July 6 (except in Boston, where they will take effect, July 13).
Indoor gatherings are limited to 8 people per 1000 square feet and should not include more than 25 people in a single, enclosed space. Outdoor gatherings in enclosed spaces are limited to 25 percent of a facility’s maximum permitted occupancy and should not exceed 100 people. This does not include gatherings in unenclosed outdoors spaces.